Ah, the Stethoscope, UT’s magazine for the life sciences. What? You know already? OK, good, then I won’t mince words.
They’re having an election, and they want you! Here it is in their own words:
“The Stethoscope is accepting applications for next year’s executive positions! Apply by FRIDAY, APRIL 13th to be considered for a position. Information on positions and applications follows.
The Stethoscope is University of Toronto’s magazine for the life sciences – featuring any and all content that life science students are interested in, from med school to new research! Executive staff at The Stethoscope are entitled to a 50% discount (up to $1000) off Princeton Review prep courses including MCAT, DAT, LSATs and more! Apply by April 13th at midnight – details follow below.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR 2012/13
Editor in Chief
– Responsibilities: Managing and overseeing each issue, works closely with the Princeton Review, assistant editors and section editors, layout editors and chair
– Responsibilities: Works with the editor-in-chief to ensure each issue runs smoothly
Section Editor (Lifestyle, Science, Student Life, Events)
– Responsibilities: Leads one section for the year and coordinates editorial content among the staff
– Responsibilities: Designs each issue. MUST have previous graphic design experience (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop preferred)
– Responsibilities: Handles distribution, promotion and other events
– Responsibilities: Manages expenses and works closely with editors and the Princeton Review
– Responsibilities: contributes editorial content for each issue, works closely with section editors
To apply for a position, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13th at MIDNIGHT.
Positions applied for (3 max, ranked):
Describe any relevant experience:
What do you envision for next year’s Stethoscope?:
Feel free to attach writing samples if they strengthen your application.
ALL NEWCOMERS WELCOME! Successful applicants will be contacted by the end of the month. Send any questions you have to email@example.com. “